A spring clean…..

Well, it’s been a while now since I’ve posted anything and that’s basically because there’s been nothing to report! I had good intentions of getting on the water before Christmas but what with one thing or another it just didn’t happen.The yak has been well and truly gathering dust over the past four months underneath the tarpaulin locked up at the side of the house. So, with a couple of hours to spare today I thought it was at least time to get the yak out, give it a clean off and give it the once over in anticipation of better weather, more daylight and better fishing reports in this neck of the woods.

My biggest concern was that  the electric wiring for the light, fishfinder and GPS were all still working and after the initial hose down of the yak I checked these out. With the connections greased and everything hooked up I flicked the switch so to speak. Happily they were all in the same state as when I last used them which was good news (a testament to Rob’s workmanship) – the GPS wiring needs a once over as the power was intermittent but that’s no change to before and I can live with that for now.

Next I checked out my bungee cord, straps and fixings to the yak and all seemed good so I think I’ll be in reasonable shape to get out on the water in the not too distant future when the fishing round here picks up a bit. Just need to check the actual fishing kit out now to make sure it’s all in order and hopefully I’ll be ready to roll.

This year I’m hoping to get a bit more time out on the water than I did last so with a bit of luck there will be a few more reports from different venues and a lot more decent catch reports!

Watch this space and tight lines for now.

Until next time………